This is a good one.  A hysterical video on client vendor relationships and payments.  I don’t know about you but I may be guilty of some of these tactics.  Thanks to the videographers for calling us out.

Got a favorite client/vendor horror story? Post it in the comments section.

18 thoughts on “A client vendor negotiations video that’s LOL funny (see if you’re guilty of any of these)

1. Robert Wogrin says:

After 20 years on the agency side, I can’t tell you how painfully accurate this is… funny, but painful.

2. Jim Gilbert says:

Actually, it’s your “fault” Fatemeh, you tweeted the link and I ran with it. Ah the power of social media!

Thanks to Fatemeh from Binger (@times2marketing) for posting this originally.

Jim

3. Terry says:

OMG is right! So funny. Clearly a case of “sad but true” … So now that you’ve said it out loud, anybody out there have advice on solving this dilemma?

4. Terry says:

Actually I think he has his own show “RAW NERVE”. So anyone, please forward Shatner’s number (or Denny Crane’s…)

5. Trish says:

Jim, the producer of that youtube video had my office bugged!! Similar mentality to my 14 year old son who “borrows’ from next week’s allowance. We are into September now!

• Emilio Mahomar says:

I’m still laughing!!! We go through this all the time with closed captions. The spots or TV programs are ready for delivery and all of a sudden the producer or agency realizes it need to be captioned and encoded but they never budgeted for CC! Congrats on one of the best reality videos ever!!! This one we’ll definitely caption in English and Spanish for FREE!

6. Jim Gilbert says:

Thanks to everybody who responded. Got a favorite client/vendor horror story? Post it in the comments section

Jim

7. Joe Pych / NextMark says:

Jim, thanks for sharing this. It’s a good laugh because it is so true – as a vendor to the mailing list business, we see this every day. In case anyone wonders why we have a non-negotiable price list, this is why.

We love comments. Go for it. We dare you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s